Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fair? You be the Judge

One thing I hear quite frequently is "you guys keep all the good stuff for yourselves". Meaning: my staff steals all of the good stuff or at best cherry picks it before it goes out to the sales floor. This couldn't be further from the truth. We have to come through the door on sale day mornings just like everyone else. A few weeks ago a "regular" customer complained that one of my employees cut in front of them in line and bought the item he was waiting for. First of all, there really isn't a line outside, more like mob rules. Also, it turns out there were 3 lamps, he got 1, the employee got 2 and gave 1 tag to a new customer who wasn't so quick and didn't know the system. Everyone paid full price. 3 lamps for 3 people, sounds fair to me.

I put heavy emphasis on maintaining a system built on integrity and fairness for all customers regardless of them being a "regular", staff or a newbie.

No comments: