Tuesday, July 01, 2008

New Year's Resolution

My name is Kris Jolley and I am the Store Manager for the MSU Surplus Store. Today marks the start of a new fiscal year for us. With a new building on the horizon I hope to make some significant improvements in several areas to help usher in a new era for the MSU Surplus Store. One major focus will be improving our web presence by enhancing this “blog”. The fact is, this has been more of a general announcement board than a true blog. That’s not a bad thing, but I think I can provide you with a lot more. I have over 17 years of Surplus experience, a passion for the business and a great staff of engaged Surplus professionals. My staff and I receive dozens of phone calls and e-mails annually from colleges around the country inquiring about using eBay, on-line stores, computer recycling and data security. I hope to add value by discussing topics of e-commerce, reuse, sustainability and recycling. I hope other colleges, state agencies and non-profit organizations can use this as a resource to build their programs. I also hope to enhance the customer experience by offering more information about our sales and services as well as local and national Surplus news and events you might find interesting.

My goal is to build a network of Surplus professionals and customers. To this end I encourage readers to help spur lively conversations by commenting and asking questions. If you run a Surplus program, feel free to send me information about your program. I would be happy to help promote all the good and new things you are doing. If you are a customer, send me information about all the cool things you are doing with your Surplus acquisitions. Last but not least, send me all of your funny or interesting Surplus stories, as we all have them.

No comments: